I am a professional laptop and computer troubleshooter, tech editor who loves to talk about technology and software. My passion is electronics devices. Follow me...Read more
Every laptop brand has an estimated useful life. The Lenovo brand has been in business for a couple of years, and users rarely complain about the brand’s productions and their longevity. So, how long do Lenovo laptops last? Lenovo laptops last for about 5 to 10 years. However, it is a conjoined effort of both the manufacturer and the user.
This article contains a lot of useful information about Lenovo. You will learn how long their laptop batteries last and what to do if their laptops get bad. So, continue reading this article to learn more.
Lenovo is a Chinese-American multinational technology company established by an engineering team from the Chinese Academy of Sciences. They founded the company as Legend on 1 November 1984, in Beijing. From its inception, Lenovo Group Limited only produced television; before manufacturing computers.
Gradually the company became the largest market in China when they raised about $30million in Hong Kong Stock Exchange in a public offering. From the 1990s till date, Lenovo has stayed at the top of the production chain. They even spread their production specialization to other products. The company focuses on designing and producing software, computers, electronic devices, and many other services.
Since its inception, the company has produced laptops, tablets, desktop computers, smartphones, servers, supercomputers, and workstations. Also, they manufactured electronic storage devices, smart television, and IT management software.
Lenovo brands people know best are the Yoga, IdeaPad, Legion consumer laptop computers, & IBM’s ThinkPad laptop computers. People also know the IdeaCentre & ThinkCentre desktop computers. Lenovo was the largest personal computer vendor in the world for unit sales. The company operates in over 60 countries, and its products have reached over 170 countries in the world.
Is Lenovo the Best Laptop Brand?
Lenovo is one of the best laptop brands and has won the award for best laptop brand for two years in a row. Laptop Mag gives the worst and best laptop companies a title every year. Lenovo has won the best laptop brand for two years’ stretch.
Lenovo got listed as the 6th best laptop brand in 2015, and they got listed as 4th in 2016. In the last few years, products of Lenovo have received about 10 Editor’s Choice awards. With this, you agree Lenovo is one best laptop brands.
Is Lenovo Worth Buying?
Lenovo is a lucrative laptop brand that has been in business for many years. The company has produced standard laptops for its users, worth buying. To know if a laptop is worth buying, check the laptop’s features.
Lenovo laptops have some exceptional features. Some of those features are:
Reliability and Durability
The durability level is not the same in all the Lenovo laptops. While some Lenovo laptop series are extremely durable, some are mildly durable. But, in an overall rating, the Lenovo laptop is durable, and users can rely on it for several uses. The designs and building of the laptop enhance the reliability and durability of the laptop.
Lenovo laptops are the best because it offers several user options. Everyone can get a laptop that is suitable for them by Lenovo Company. Aside from the use you have for the laptop, you can also buy a pocket-friendly laptop from the company.
Lenovo has laptops for gamers. The company also has laptops for students, content creators, and business professionals.
Lenovo makes their laptop batteries perform well. Their laptops mostly have powerful batteries that last a long period. However, every series come with their own battery life.
The company produces its laptops with people that are not financially buoyant in mind. Although not all Lenovo laptops are cheap, many of them are affordable to the masses. Even with their cheap marking rate, they still don’t compromise quality.
Reliable Customer Support
The company’s customer support is top-notch. They take their time to answer every customer’s query and try to sort them out. This is something most electronic device companies can’t do.
Watch this video to learn more:
How Long Do Lenovo Laptops Last?
Lenovo laptops can last for many years, depending on how you use them. So, how long do Lenovo laptops last? Based on users’ reviews, Lenovo laptops last for about 5 to 10 years minimum. Many people have used their Lenovo laptops for over 15 years, and they are still comfortably using them.
The lifespan of Lenovo laptops depends on the user’s carefulness. When you rough-handle your laptop, it gets bad quickly, and with time, it will crash. But, if you handle it with care, it will take you through the estimated lasting time and even beyond.
To learn more, watch the video:
What Can Damage Your Laptop?
There are moves you will make or choose not to make that can damage your laptop. Such moves are:
- Allowing dirt to stay on the laptop and giving liquid access to the laptop
- Carelessly placing your laptop and rough handling it
- Ignoring overheating issues
- Ignoring battery life
- Much pressuring the ports and the cable
- Ignoring electrical safety
- Surfing the web without protection
- Overclocking the laptop
Should I Keep My Laptop Plugged in While Using It?
We do not advise you to charge your laptop while using it. The act drains the laptop battery rapidly and makes it die fast. Also, the laptop will slow charge. People mostly charge their laptops while using them for reasons they cannot avoid. We advise that such persons unplug the laptop after it has charged fully.
What Do You Do When Your Lenovo Laptop Stops Working?
- If the issues on your Lenovo laptop look minor, you might need to factory reset your laptop. However, it is the last thing to do after trying the other things below.
- If your laptop doesn’t come on, replace the battery.
- Troubleshoot, whatever the problem seems to be. This is a vital step to take for any laptop problem.
- If the problem with the laptop is from hardware, replace it.
How Long Does a Lenovo Laptop Battery Last?
A Lenovo laptop battery can last for about 3 to 4 years before it dies. That is only if you handle it with care. Although Lenovo laptops have powerful batteries, they still lose strength with time. After some years or months, they won’t last as long as they should, and the power will drain out faster than usual. Your Lenovo battery will drain out power fast for these reasons.
- Bright screen display: If you increase the display brightness of your laptop, the battery will drain faster. This is because each level of brightness takes specific battery power. The highest will take the highest power.
- Network connections: It is essential to have internet connections on your laptop for better use. But, these things drain power, and if you leave connected for too long, your battery will drain fast.
- Software issues: Probably, you did not install most apps on your laptop correctly. So, they drain your battery. Also, some software upgrades require more power to work.
- Background apps: You can multitask with your laptop. The laptop allows you to open several applications at once. But, what you don’t know is that the more apps you have running, the more your battery gets drained.
- Hardware problems: Most times, your laptop battery drains fast because of the hardware on the laptop. So, locate the hardware and replace or remove it.
How Do I Know if My Lenovo Battery Is Bad?
- Quick battery power outage: When your laptop battery is bad, the laptop will not stay on for long after you have charged it fully. The battery will either not be strong enough to carry the laptop for long or the battery drains so fast.
- Overheating: A laptop with a bad battery will overheat, especially in the battery region.
- Slow charging: This is a frustrating sign. You might charge your laptop for over 12 hours and notice it is still 2%. When you know this, rectify the issue as soon as possible to avoid getting other hardware bad.
How Do I Extend the Battery Life on My Lenovo Laptop Windows 10?
- Use the battery saver mode on the laptop. The control will reduce your screen brightness and start other power-saving tools.
- When your Lenovo battery power wears out and doesn’t last for your working hours, we advise you to get a replacement for it.
- Do not expose the laptop to an over-the-limit temperature. A temperature that is too hot or too cold might damage your battery. If you eventually expose your laptop to such temperatures, allow it to warm or cool down before use.
- Reduce brightness turn off all network connections when you are not using them.
- Use the battery saver setting in the ‘My Device Setting’ option to enable and disable the option that drains your battery.
Should I Fully Charge My New Laptop Before Using It?
Although your Lenovo laptop battery doesn’t require charging before your first use, we still recommend charging it. It is just a safe thing to do. Charging your laptop before your first use gives it a complete first charge and prolongs battery life.
Lenovo Group Limited is a multinational technology company that has been in the business for over 30 years. Some people are uncertain about the lifespan of the brand laptops. So, they ask How long do Lenovo laptops last?
Contrary to popular belief, Lenovo laptops are liable and durable. They last for up to 5 to 10 years, depending on the laptop user. But note that you only shorten your Lenovo laptop lifespan when you use it carelessly.
I am a professional laptop and computer troubleshooter, tech editor who loves to talk about technology and software. My passion is electronics devices. Follow me on social media.More Posts